* Update on easing of some Covid restrictions *
Whilst our office remains closed to the public, WGHC staff are still working with some staff now spending more time in the office. Officially, working from home remains the default position for those that can. Currently, we ensure the delivery of essential services to our tenants and service users. You can still contact us Monday to Friday from 9.15 a.m. to 4 p.m. by telephone on 0131 551 5035; by email at email@example.com or by using our online form found on the “Contact Us” page on this website. Please note our telephone lines are closed from 1pm to 2pm each day for the lunch period.
Previously, it was confirmed that all areas in level four, which includes all of mainland Scotland, will move down to level three from Monday 26 April.
The indicative timetable for easing restrictions also outlines the provisional dates for further easing of restrictions:
- 17 May: all of Scotland will move to level two (except Glasgow and Moray)
- June (early): all of Scotland will move to level one
- June (late): all of Scotland will move to level 0 (zero)
See the attached PDF table for summary information on what you can and cannot do at each level.
WGHC’s services are currently affected as follows:
• Our Reactive Repairs service will be suspended and only essential repairs will be carried out
- Allocations- we will continue to carry out our allocations of empty properties as normal
- All gas safety checks of the appliances in your home, together with electrical inspection works will continue
- Our stair cleaning services will continue as normal
- All other non-essential planned maintenance programmes of work will be put on hold
PLEASE NOTE: Face to face meetings and appointments in tenants’ homes continue to be temporarily suspended unless considered essential. This is in line with current UK and Scottish Government advice.