WGHC has 10 fully elected members sitting on the Committee of Management from October 2020:
- Wendy Riordan – Chairperson (elected as a Governing Body Member 2020. Has experience as a Governing Body Member having served on the WGHC Committee of Management for a number of years previously as a fully elected Committee Member and as a co-opted Member; elected Chairperson 2020)
- Lorna Brown – Vice Chair (first elected as a Governing Body Member 1990; elected Vice Chair 2020)
- Marilyn Dickson – Treasurer (first elected as a Governing Body Member and Treasurer 1990)
- George Thomson – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 1991)
- Amanda Aitchison – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2020)
- Colin Fraser – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2020)
- Elizabeth Robertson – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2016)
- Joe Moir – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 1990)
- Jon Douglas – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2018)
- Donna Anderson – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2017)
- Wendy Riordan – (first elected as Governing Body Member 2020)
The principal decision making body of WGHC is the Committee of Management. There is a wide range of ages, knowledge and experience among our committee members. Length of service ranges all the way from a 2 years to 25 years. We believe this breadth of experience is a great advantage to our committee.
The Committee is legally responsible for ensuring that the Co-operative has in place a system of controls with regard to the reliability of financial information, the maintenance of proper accounting records and the safeguarding of assets.
These controls consist of:
- the establishment of formal policies and procedures;
- delegation of responsibility to qualified staff;
- ensuring an adequate system of reporting, budgeting and planning is in place.
In order for the Committee to achieve its aims and fulfil its responsibilities WGHC needs to use staff, consultants, policies and contracts. There is also Staffing Subcommittee consisting of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Treasurer. Its remit is mainly senior officer appraisal, discipline and grievance procedures and it meets as required. We also use short life working groups of committee members, with or without staff in attendance, to focus on particular issues or policy reviews.