WGHC has 10 Committee of Management members, comprised of 7 fully elected committee members, 2 casual vacancies and 1 Co-Optee:
- Colin Fraser – Chairperson (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2020; elected Treasurer 2021, elected Chair 2022)
- George Thomson – Vice Chair (first elected as a Governing Body Member 1991; elected Vice Chair 2021)
- Wendy Riordan – 2nd Vice Chair (elected as a Governing Body Member 2021; elected 2nd Vice Chair 2022)
- Amanda Aitchison – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2020)
- Liz Robertson – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2016)
- Jim Hemphill – (first elected as a Governing Body Member 2021; elected 2nd Vice Chair 2022)
- Morag Orr – (elected as a Governing Body Member 2022)
- Lynn Jameson – (Casual Vacancy) elected 2022
- William Maloney – (Co-Optee) voted 2023
- James Matthews – (Casual Vacancy) elected 2023
The principal decision making body of WGHC is the Committee of Management. There is a wide range of ages, knowledge and experience among our committee members. Length of service ranges all the way from a 2 years to 30 years. We believe this breadth of experience is a great advantage to our committee.
The Committee is legally responsible for ensuring that the Co-operative has in place a system of controls with regard to the reliability of financial information, the maintenance of proper accounting records and the safeguarding of assets.
These controls consist of:
- the establishment of formal policies and procedures;
- delegation of responsibility to qualified staff;
- ensuring an adequate system of reporting, budgeting and planning is in place.
In order for the Committee to achieve its aims and fulfil its responsibilities WGHC needs to use staff, consultants, policies and contracts. There is also Staffing Subcommittee consisting of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and 2nd Vice Chairperson. Its remit is mainly senior officer appraisal, discipline and grievance procedures and it meets as required. We also use short life working groups of committee members, with or without staff in attendance, to focus on particular issues or policy reviews. A Privacy Notice for Governing Body Members (Committee) can be seen here.