* Updated 04 February 2021 * WGHC Services and Coronavirus Update (COVID-19) – New Lockdown from 5th January 2021
From midnight on 5th January 2021 until further notice, the City of Edinburgh (along with most of Scotland) has been placed in to a state of National Lockdown as announced by the Scottish Government. Further information can be found here. We will use this site to keep you updated of any changes and how they affect us. Accordingly, the WGHC Office remains closed to the Public and we will re-open once the Scottish Government allows us to do so. Based on recent Government announcements, it is expected our office will remain closed to the public until early Spring 2021.
Whilst our office remains closed to the public, WGHC staff are still working. The default position for staff is that they will work from home, however, we also have a very small number of skeleton staff in the office each day. This maintains a staff presence on site throughout lockdown to ensure the delivery of essential services to our tenants and service users. You can still contact us Monday to Friday from 9.15 a.m. to 4 p.m. by telephone on 0131 551 5035; by email at email@example.com or by using our online form found on the “Contact Us” page on this website. Please note our telephone lines are closed from 1pm to 2pm each day for the lunch period.
WGHC’s services are affected as follows:
• Our Reactive Repairs service will be suspended and essential repairs will be carried out
- Allocations- we will continue to carry out our allocations of empty properties as normal
- All gas safety checks of the appliances in your home, together with electrical inspection works will continue
- Our stair cleaning services will continue as normal
- All other non-essential planned maintenance programmes of work will be put on hold
PLEASE NOTE: Face to face meetings and appointments in tenants’ homes continue to be temporarily suspended unless considered essential. This is in line with current UK and Scottish Government advice.
Are you a WGHC Tenant? Do you need access to a Welfare Rights Advisor or a Debt Advisor?
West Granton have both. We recognise this is a challenging period for everyone right now. If you are a WGHC tenant and need advice about benefits or need to speak to someone about getting help with your debts, don’t sit and worry! – Take action now and contact a member of our Housing Management Team on 0131 551 5035 . These services are here to help you. Both services are free, confidential and exclusively for WGHC tenants. Once WGHC has made the referral all contact between the tenant and the advisor is independent and confidential.